Friday, April 3, 2009

Day 50: David Bowie


Wow! Day 50 already!? This week's artist spotlight is Mr. David Bowie. AKA: Dave Jay. AKA: Ziggy Stardust. AKA: The Thin White Duke. AKA: Major Tom. AKA: Aladdin Sane. AKA: Halloween Jack. Whatever his name, Bowie is a music man and a credit to his industry.

Glamorous, Androgynous, and Brilliant, Bowie's work has spanned over four decades and included nearly 30 albums. What makes him so special is his ability to be both artistically credible among critics and popular with a mass audience.

I've boiled down his career into 20 of my favorite of his songs (no easy feat). Some are more poppy, some more experimental. Some hits, some deeper cuts. But all of it great. Enjoy! As a side note, I'm not entirely convinced that Bowie isn't actually from space. Just sayin'.

YouTube:
(All songs by David Bowie)
01. Queen Bitch
02. Panic In Detroit
03. Suffragette City
04. The Man Who Sold the World
05. Space Oddity
06. Ashes to Ashes
07. Saviour Machine (N/A on imeem, "Motel" instead)
08. Subterraneans
09. Fantastic Voyage
10. Starman
11. Lady Grinning Soul
12. Look Back In Anger
13. Station to Station
14. Rebel Rebel
15. The Bewlay Brothers
16. Some Are
17. Teenage Wildlife
18. China Girl
19. Young Americans
20. Life On Mars? (Possibly my favorite song of all time)

imeem: External:

Day 50: David Bowie

Pretty Far Out,
Erik

(Also: I've reached my limit of songs I can upload to imeem without upgrading to VIP. So we'll see what happens from here. I may use 8tracks a bit more often here and there for songs I can't find on imeem.)

Bonus Vids!


Seems Obvious, But:


(Image by Observe The Banana, Licensed Under Creative Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment