Friday, February 13, 2009

Day 15: Kanye West


For this week's artists spotlight I decided to look at someone a little more contemporary. Now I wish I could come out and say that I agree with everything Mr. Kanye West has done, but that's surely not the case. I think he's often as obnoxious as he is wise. But in all fairness, there hasn't been a fresher voice in hip-hop in the past 10 years (with the exception of maybe Eminem. But he fell off so hard I don't really consider him in the running anymore).

I've compiled a list that spans both his production, guest spots and (predominantly) his album tracks. I hope you enjoy!

YouTube:
01. Kanye West - The Glory
02. The Game feat. Kanye West - Wouldn't Get Far
03. Kanye West - We Don't Care
04. N.E.R.D. feat. Kanye West & Lupe Fiasco - Everyone Nose (Remix)
05. Kanye West - RoboCop
06. Kanye West feat. John Mayer - Bittersweet Poetry (I apologize that it's anime)
07. Kanye West - Touch the Sky
08. Jay-Z - Heart of the City
09. Beanie Sigel - The Truth
10. Kanye West - All Falls Down
11. Kanye West feat. Adam Levine - Heard 'em Say
12. Estelle feat. Kanye West - American Boy
13. Talib Kweli - Get By
14. Kanye West feat. Rhymefest - Brand New
15. Common feat. Kanye West - The Food
16. Lupe Fiasco - The Cool (n/a)
17. Kanye West -Through the Wire
18. Kanye West - Throw Some D's (Remix) (I hate DJs)
19. Kanye West - Champion
20. Kanye West - Family Business

imeem: External!

Day 15: Kanye West


BONUS VIDEO!!!! A time with Kanye being wise:

Kanye visits Big Boy's Neighborhood

And with John Mayer


We Major,
Erik

(Image by Phil Romans, Licensed Under Creative Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment