Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 14: Georgia Day!


Well on this day in 1733, James Oglethorpe founded Georgia, the 13th colony of the United States (AKA Georgia Day). Georgia, like Michigan has a rich history of music from old jazz to modern alternative rock. There is so much history, in fact, that I decided to narrow my scope. I will only use artists who have been inducted into the Georgia Music Hall of Fame. And I also limited the list to ten. Why? Because my lists recently haven't been too concise.

YouTube:
01. Ray Charles - Eleanor Rigby (Starts at around 5:45)
02. The Allman Brothers - Whipping Post
03. James Brown - Super Bad
04. Curtis Mayfield - Pusherman
05. Gladys Night & The Pips - Midnight Train to Georgia
06. Ludacris - Everybody Hates Chris
07. Isaac Hayes - Shaft
08. Otis Redding - (Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay
09. REM - Nightswimming
10. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gimme Back My Bullets

imeem (EXTERNAL)

Day 14: Georgia Day

Peach,
Erik

BONUS VIDEO, A CLASSIC!:


(Image by Judy Baxter, Licensed Under Creative Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment