Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 80: Ramones

Today's artist spotlight is the Ramones. Not much to say, other than the fact that the Ramones were on the forefront of the New York punk scene. Their 2-minute explosions of sound came to define the movement, paving the way for hundreds of future artists. On topics ranging from subversive political statements and social commentary to "Bird" being the "word," the Ramones looked right into the downtrodden but changing face of New York City; and then spit into it.

Hey ho, let's go.

YouTube:
(All songs by the Ramones)
01. Blitzkrieg Bop
02. Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
03. Danny Says
04. I'm Against It
05. I Wanna Be Sedated
06. Judy Is A Punk
07. The KKK Took My Baby Away
08. I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend
09. Poison Heart
10. Rockaway Beach
11. Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment
12. Cretin Hop
13. Teenage Lobotomy
14. Howling At The Moon (Sha La La)
15. My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes To Bitburg)
16. Something To Believe In
17. I Can't Give You Anything
18. Pet Sematary
19. I Can't Make It On Time
20. Street Fighting Man

imeem: External:

Day 80: Ramones

1-2-3-4!!
Erik

Videos!


And... :-(


(Image by Okada Shinoda, Licensed Under Creative Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment