Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 55: Bright Eyes (Conor Oberst)

This week's artist spotlight is a newer gent. A songwriter by the name of Conor Oberst, more popular as the creative force behind Bright Eyes. I've said it before, he isn't for everybody. But, neither was Dylan.

His songwriting is complex and deep, covering topics ranging from the human condition, mortality, drugs and almost everything else in between. I've compiled my list of some of my favorite songs by Mr. Oberst. Most of the songs are Bright Eyes, because I think that showcases his best work. I hope you enjoy.

YouTube:
All songs by Bright Eyes unless otherwise noted
01. When the President Talks to God
02. First Day of My Life
03. Bowl of Oranges
04. If Winter Ends
05. The Calender Hung Itself...
06. Clairaudients (Kill or Be Killed)
07. Conor Oberst - Milk Thistle
08. At the Bottom of Everything
09. Four Winds
10. Conor Oberst - Souled Out!!!
11. Conor Oberst & Gillian Welch - Lua
12. A Song to Pass the Time
13. Hot Knives
14. Arienette
15. Conor Oberst - Cape Canaveral
16. Road to Joy
17. Method Acting
18. Gold Mine Gutted (N/A on imeem, instead "Haligh, Haligh, a Lie, Haligh")
19. Land Locked Blues
20. I Believe In Symmetry (N/A on imeem, instead "You Will. You? Will. You? Will.")

imeem: External:

Day 55: Conor Oberst/Bright Eyes

From the Bottom of Everything,
Erik

Bonus Vid:


(Image by John Packer, Licensed Under Creative Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment