Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 41: Hip-Hop (1)

This week's genre tour is hip-hop. But this hip-hop genre tour is a little different, because it's done by (mostly) white people. I wanted to do a hip-hop list, but I didn't know how to refine it. I thought maybe East Coast/West Coast, and that may happen down the road, but I figured white rap is a pretty special genre in itself. Now don't give me shit because these guys aren't all the traditional definition of white guys. Brother Ali for example: I don't care if you're born to Wesley Snipes and that chick from A View to A Kill, if you're albino, you're white. With that said:

YouTube:
01. Beastie Boys - What Comes Around
02. Brother Ali - Dorian
03. Atmosphere - Guns & Cigarettes
04. Dirt Nasty - 1980
05. Deep Puddle Dynamics - I Am Hip-Hop (Move the Crowd)
06. Cage - Shoot Frank
07. El-P - Up All Night
08. Andre Legacy - Mondrian
09. Eminem - As the World Turns
10. Eyedea & Abilities - Kept
11. Fort Minor - S.C.O.M (N/A on imeem, "Dolla" instead)
12. Mickey Avalon - Jane Fonda
13. Sole - Tourist Trapeze (N/A)
14. Aesop Rock - Battery
15. Sage Francis - Runaways

imeem: External:

Day 41: Hip-Hop (1)

Whiteness,
Erik

Bonus Vid (good shit!):


(Image by white_fundude, Licensed Under Creative Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment