Friday, March 6, 2009

Day 30: Less Than Jake

Usually for these artist spotlights I just go through my favorite artists (artists with whom I have a committed relationship) and put together my favorite songs. It's the same case this time around, but I'm starting to run that well a little dry. There aren't a whole lot of artists where I can just say, OK, and rattle off 20 of my favorite songs. The coming weeks will just mean a little more research through the catalogs of some of my favorite artists, who I love and probably should know better regardless.

That said, this week's artist spotlight is Less Than Jake. Not everyone is into ska-punk or pop punk, but I am. I've been a really big fan of LTJ for a long time. It's cool that Bruce Springsteen was last week, because there is a definite through line between his lyrics and Vinnie's (the drummer/lyricist). A lot their lyrics deal with getting out of your current situation looking for something better. And can't most of us relate to that?

YouTube:
All Songs by Less Than Jake
01. Portrait of a Cigarette Smoker at 19
02. Never Going Back to New Jersey
03. The State of Florida
04. Faction
05. We, The Uninspired (N/A)
06. This is Going Nowhere (N/A)
07. Anchor
08. I Think I Love You
09. Nervous in the Alley
10. The Science of Selling Yourself Short
11. 24 Hours in Paramus
12. Big
13. Automatic
14. Five State Drive
15. Short on Ideas/One Last Cigarette
16. The Space They Can't Touch
17. Lockdown
18. Scott Farcas Takes it on the Chin
19. Mostly Memories (N/A)
20. National Anthem (maybe the worst video ever made)
21. Last Hour of the Last Day of Work

imeem: External:

Day 30: Less Than Jake

No White Flags,
Erik

Bonus Vid (song):


and (lol)


(Image by Laura, Licensed Under Creative Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment