Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 29: Crispus Attucks

I feels like only yesterday, but on this day in 1770, the tragedy of the Boston Massacre took place. The most notable casualty of this horrific event was Crispus Attucks. In honor of this brave martyr to our revolution, I have compiled a list of African-American artists who have been shot over the years. To elongate the list a little bit, I've included artists who have survived their shooting (as well as those who have unfortunately passed). Also, I am greatly indebted to PopCrunch for additional fodder for this compilation.

YouTube:
01. Tupac - Brenda's Got A Baby
02. Biggie - Suicidal Thoughts
03. Jam Master Jay, Run DMC - My Adidas
04. Jackie Wilson - Light My Fire
05. Sam Cooke - Blowin' In The Wind
06. Marvin Gaye - Distant Lover
07. Cam'ron - I Hate My Job
08. Proof, D12 - Purple Pills
09. ODB, Wu-Tang Clan - Dog Shit (I apologize that Dog Shit isn't on imeem.)
10. Akon - Don't Matter
11. The Game feat. 50 Cent (2 birds w/one stone) - Hate It Or Love It
12. Obie Trice - Don't Come Down
13. Fabolous - Baby Don't Go
14. Lloyd Banks - One Night Stand
15. Bob Marley - I Shot the Sheriff

imeem: External:

Day 29: Crispus Attucks

Try Hard to Not Get Shot,
Erik

(Image By Jamie Campbell, Licensed Under Creative Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment