Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 22: Fat Tuesday

Mardi Gras!!!! Happy Fat Tuesday everybody! In honor of the start of carnival season I've put together a list of fat musicians. I'm sure there are many missing, but I think I put together a nice sampling of husky artists. And the thing is, there are a lot of artists who got fat after their prime, which doesn't really count as being fat. Even the best of us may pack on some pounds later in life (Van Morrison, Johnny Cash...). Conversely, some artists were big and got small, like John Popper. But people still remember these people as fat, so I count them as fat. Also, some artists have deceptive names. Like "Fat Mike" from NOFX. And Chubby Checker. A little overweight, yeah, but fat? Hardly. Big Pun (RIP). That's fat.

YouTube:
01. Big Punisher - So Hard
02. Fat Joe - No Drama
03. Rick Ross - The Boss
04. Fat Boys - The Twist
05. Sir Mix A-Lot - Put 'em on the Glass ("Cakeboy" N/A)
06. Notorious B.I.G. & Frank Sinatra - Nasty Boy/For Every Man There's A Woman
07. Timbaland & Magoo - Up Jumps Da Boogie
08. UGK feat. Outkast - International Player's Anthem (RIP Pimp C)
09. Brother Ali - Forest Whitiker
10. Sean Kingston - Beautiful Girls
11. Gnarls Barkley - Who's Gonna Save My Soul?
12. Aretha Franklin - Think
13. Adele - Chasing Pavements
14. B.B. King - The Thrill is Gone
15. The Mamas & The Papas - Monday Monday
16. Blues Traveler - Hook
17. Meatloaf - I Would Do Anything For Love
18. Tenacious D - Kielbasa
19. Pixies - Here Comes Your Man
20. Minutemen - The Glory of Man (D. Boon)
21. Fucked Up - Crooked Head
22. Pantera - Revolution is My Name

imeem: External:

Day 22: Fat Tuesday

Stay Big,
Erik

Bonus Video!


(Image by K Santos, Licensed Under Creative Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment