Friday, February 6, 2009

Day 10: Elliott Smith


For the second artist spotlight I'm choosing Elliott Smith. Elliott was born in 1969 and tragically committed suicide in 2003 at the age of 34. He was really a pop music genius with a a talent I would only compare to The Beatles, with incredible melodies and elaborate instrumentation that he did a lot of himself (he played nearly everything). But at the same time his songs had an either covert or overt darkness to them reflecting his internal turmoil, making him such a heartbreakingly beautiful songwriter. I hope you enjoy this list as much as I did making it.

YouTube (I tried to find as many live videos as possible):
All tracks by Elliott Smith
01. In The Lost and Found
02. Baby Britain
03. Cecilia/Amanda
04. Somebody That I Used to Know
05. Angeles (lol, watch this)
06. Happiness
07. I Didn't Understand (Piano Only with Alternate Lyrics)
08. I Didn't Understand (XO Version)
09. Coming Up Roses
10. Rose Parade
11. Everything Reminds Me of Her
12. Pictures of Me
13. Waltz #2
14. A Question Mark
15. New Monkey
16. Pitseleh
17. Miss Misery
18. Needle in the Hay
19. Pretty (Ugly Before)
20. Because (Beatles Cover)
21. Memory Lane
22. See You Later
23. Almost Over
24. Fond Farewell
25. See You In Heaven

And imeem! External:

Day 10: Elliott Smith

RIP Elliott,
Erik

PS: For more information on the Elliott Smith Memorial Fund go HERE.

BONUS Video:


(Image by flybutter Licensed Under Creative Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment